purple condylactis anemone

valasaraptor

Proud ocelot owner!
i just bought a purple condylactis anemone about the size of a quarter i placed him were i wanted it but he turned tentacle side down is this bad or what

I've never kept a nem, nor do I want to...especially a condy, as they can grow quite large and even eat fish...I have a feeling tentacle side down wouldn't be good though...

What are your parameters?

Anenomes are very sensative to nitrates

Also, how did you acclimate it?
They are also sensative to changes in salinity and temperature.

And they need very high light, more than most corals. Anemones usually don't survive in tanks that have been set up for less than a year because they are so demanding. The anemone not attaching is a bad sign -- but give it time to adjust.

Re: Cycling a tank, adding fish and corals

oops meant to post it here sorry,this is my tank is the lighting sufficient to have a purple condy? ProductData and if it isnt how would i upgrade the lighting?

I don't know that that light is enough. I've always had at least T5's for my anem, but mine really like the MH's. Maybe someone else has had that type of lighting.

I hate to say it.But thats not enough light for your anemone.
And foot up aint good good for em.However you can reach in and justy place it up-right.
How did you acclimate it?

i put the bag in the water for 30-45 min. and after that over the course of an hour i did 25% bag changes with my water,i dont really have the money to upgrade right now but will in the future,would green ricordea do well since it has lower lighting needs? just curious and if not om just gonna stick with fowlr til i upgrade

ok thx im getting 1 today hopefully,my anemone died:( my engineer goby just picked it up and the tentacles started falling off so i netted it out

so i ended up getting sum eagle eye zoas instead,the guy said they would do better i got a frag with 20-25 heads for 15.00 and more live rock :)

Back