Purple Hornet Zoas

ljensen

Reefing newb
I buying 12 polypls (small colony) of purple hornet Zoas. What would be a good price to buy the group at (including shipping)? $250?

um......idk bout that.....i wouldnt but thats me....i guess that on you if you wanna pay that much really...we all have our limits...i personally think you can def find a smaller 1-2 polyp and let it grow..spend that extra cash your saving on more corals to add up to the 250.....you should really think about shopping around when spending that kinda cash IMO

with all the different colored zoas out there, I couldn't fathom paying that kind of money for a dozen polyps. If I were able to drop that kind of cash, I'd be looking at other corals like Scoly's - not zoa's IMO

I agree that buying a couple polyps would be more economical, but for that many polyps it's a pretty good price.

i bought 14 +2 baby polyps for 225 shipped. 6 of them are going into my main tank the rest into the frag tank. @ Northstar allready have scoly's

Hornets? No because I just got mine. Other than that yea. I've cut and sold zoa's quite a bit. Matter fact I just got done cutting. Purples seem to grow slow so prolly 15-25 pp depends I guess who they go to. I for one am sick of ppl getting into this hobby to try and make money...it shouldn't be about the money.

Um not really....you invest in some hornet colonies and you can break it down and easily make money no problem. Just like chalices....and alot of other rarer sps. Hell any coral for that matter. I could set up a frag tank for about 600-700. I could make that back ina week no problem with high end frags. It's very easy to make money inthis hobby if you know what your doing.

I could break down my red hornets and sell em for 50 pp around here. I have 4 so that's 200. I got them for free ina trade....how isn't that making money? Why do you think ppl set up frag tanks? It's not to give away corals.

Okay, just learning. It souds like selling frags is a good way to get back some of the money spent on the tank

Dana the reason I bought so many polyps is for my frag tank though it would be a good way to make a little extra cash. People are buying these polyps for 30 each. I bough them for around 18 dollars each

Like I said. In it to make $ not in it for the hobby.... To each is own but I wouldn't buy from you for that simple fact....jus sayin. I've spent a pretty penny on frags since getting into the hobby an have yet to charge someone the same price I've paid. Always less. We as reefers shouldnt be ripping eachother off. Just because businesses want to do that us as hobbiest shouldn't. My 2 cents.

Back