Purple Hornet Zoas

What are some really fast growing and still easy to take care of corals for beginners? That still look really cool too lol.

Zoa's and shrooms and palys.....some zoa's are just slower than others....everything in this hobby takes time tho. shyt doesnt grow overnight.

Oh yea, I definitely know that lol. I was hoping that there were some that would be more likely to expand more than others. You know, some plants are fast growing, so some corals should be too LOL. IMO anyway. I know it will take time regardless.

i sold extra corals to get more corals...i couldnt pay more then $50 for a coral...i get small frags to see how my reef comes to life..but thats me

Bottom line is, they are worth whatever you are willing to pay for them. And as a seller, whatever the going rate is on them.

What are some really fast growing and still easy to take care of corals for beginners? That still look really cool too lol.

you could try star polyps they come in green and pink... they are SUPER fast growing (i had a bit about the size of a quarter and they now cover a good chunk of my rocks) and are nice and flow-y :) you can frag em out pretty easily as well.... I for one like xenias and kenyas (hehe, yes yes, sharkie and her trouble damsels and evil corals :P) as they are nice to look at flow/movement wise, my clowns love them, and they grow super fast! :) went to a frag swap a few weekends ago and the few xenias I nabbed have already split! :)

You could also try mushrooms, mine spread really quickly and I have some awesome colored purple and turquoise striped ones i picked up for about 10$... they make lots of lil babies all over the tank :)

Thanks sharkie! I was looking at some xenias. They're really pretty. I don't have any corals yet but I wanted to start with some that would be good and keep me wanting to try more lol. I love the star polyps too. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to have to see what I can find now =)

Back