Purple Sea Squirt - Help

tboyd

Reefing newb
Hi all,

I have a purple sea squirt that has developed some black spot on it and not sure what I should do is this a fungal infection, will a fresh water dip help and if so how long do I place it in fresh water?

I have attached a pic - any help on this would be greatly appreciated. IMGP0155.jpg

Regards,
Tania:bowdown:

I`m not a big fan of FW dips. Never seen them do any good. I do know they make some coral dips out there you might be able to do. Maybe even an iodine dip.

Would you say it is a fungal infection? I live in a regional area and it takes at least a week to receive any products by such time I could have lost the sea squirt. Thought fresh water dip would be an option, but I do not want to dip if it is not a fungal infection that a fresh water dip will not help with.

Do you anywhere to go where you live to get aquarium supplies. If you have a Petsmart or petco around they have pimafix which is for fungal problems. Dont treat your tank with it. QT the squirt and then treat.

I don't know, those sea squirts are really delicate. They cannot be exposed to air. I suppose a dip could help, but I'm not really familiar with them, sorry.

sea squirts are very hard to keep. I would think that a freshwater dip would be more detrimental then good, I wouldn't do it. As Biff mentioned they should never be taken out of the water and touch the air.

Try to put it right next to some flow see if you can blow the infection off of it.

Back