Purple Tech

Anyone else use this stuff? If so what are your expiences with it? My tank has been up for almost 5 months and ive dosed 3 times. If i cant dose at night i usually turn off the Daylights for an hour so i dont get a Ph spike.

from what iv heard its not to good cause it gives a sudden calcium spike then drops back down but thats just what i heard not shur look on the back and see what the ingredeints are

It's 85% DI water
8% magnesium
2.6% calcium
1% Potassium chloride (an ingredient in fertilizer)
0.5% strontium
0.2% kelp extract

If you ask me, you're better off just keeping your water parameters where they should be for a reef. It'll be the same as adding this stuff. I know you said your tanks been up for 5 months ... Mines been set up for almost 9 months now, and I'm just starting to see coraline growing on the back glass, all on it's own.

Well like I've said that was my 3rd dose and I've had coraline in my tank since month 2. Exertions I've check my perms they have been perfect maybe I'm dozing at just hhe right time?

This could be a coincidence....I've been using phytomax for my coral growth for the last couple of months. I've noticed a substantial increase in coraline growth...Especially on the powerhead that is closest to where I drop it in the tank.

Again, this could be a total coincidence. Phytomax is for corals...but I have so much coraline growth on my powerheads that I take them out of the tank every couple weeks and dip them in vinegar. (I love the coraline on my rocks, don't love it on my powerheads.) Within 2 weeks they'll be 80% covered in coraline.

The bottle I use is a high concentration. It says NOTHING on the bottle about increasing coraline growth....but I haven't changed anything else in my tank.

Phytomax Expert Series Phytoplankton 30 ml

Wow really prc? After viniger dip do u rinse with tap? I wanna kno more coz my powerheads are covered and I mean covered in coraline

Wow really prc? After viniger dip do u rinse with tap? I wanna kno more coz my powerheads are covered and I mean covered in coraline

yeah, just buy a big jug of white vinegar pour it in a bowl and drop the powerhead in it for about 10-20 minutes. It eats most of it right off, the little that remains is easily scrubbed off.

Then thoroughly rinse the powerhead with tap water, and your powerheads will look brand new.

If you keep your calcium,alk,and mag. levels right,coralline will grow and CAN become a problem.I've also found that a little cooler water helps it grow.
To help it spread,just get a new tooth brush and gently scrub the coralline thats already growing.That will cause it to release spores that will cause the coralline to spread.
No need to waste money on stuff like Purple Up or Purple Tech.

Back