Purple Tile Fish

stagofdoom

Phi Kappa Psi
Hey I just picked up some snails and the LFS just got in some Purple Tile fish and I fell in love with it.

Just wondering about them, eating, aggressive, you know things like that because ive never really looked into them .

thanks

What LFS do you have up in Knoxville? I live right down the road in Chattanooga and might have to make a trip some Saturday.
I have seen some of the purple tile fish in town and they looked cool.

They are very difficult to keep. If you decide to try one make sure that it is eating before you buy it, they will also do better in pairs or trios.

I used to have a purple tile fish in my 240. I loved it! So pretty. Mine was eating and very active. Then I went on vacation and it jumped while I was away, and one of the cats bit its head off!!!

Theres a purple tile fish in the front reef at Bermuda.They are cool fish.
I've never seen him show any signs of aggression at all and the other fish seem to leave him alone.

Thanks for the input.

Im trying to decide if I want to get the tile fish or a few anthias.

Oh and the stores in knoxville are The Coral Reef on Kingston Pike and The Aquarium on Papermill.

I prefer the coral reef.

My sunburst just kind of putts around. He is not as active as the other kinds of anthias. He just takes his time going places but mostly just likes that hang around one area. He's not shy though when it comes to dinner.

Back