Purple Tip Sebae Nem

RNich34

Reefing newb
So, I got an ocellaris clown about a week and a half ago. I was originally going to get a BTA, but the store didn't have any. Then I saw this little beat up Sebae. I felt bad, because it had obviously been mistreated at the store. At the price, I figured I would take the shot and see if I could save it. It's been in the aquarium for just over 24 hours and, appears to atleast, be doing better. It's regained a little of it's color, and has spread out. It's about 1.5x the size it was in the store. I have been feeding it about half a block of mysis for the last 2 days. I got some store size shrimp today, and hopefully that will help. I also have it under HO T5 lights. It seems to be eating, as after I stick some mysis to it, it curls up slightly and then will spread back out. It's tentacles also seem to be getting a bit longer.

Here is a picture. Can somebody please just tell me that my attempt is atleast justified, or am I just wasting my time and it is going to die?

scaled.php

It can come back. It looks pretty bleached (white). It should be more of a tan color. As it gets healthier, it will regain its color. It does need high quality water, so make sure you keep your parameters in check. Signs of it getting worse are if it detaches and floats around or if it stays shriveled up.

I hope I can bring it back. Parameters were good. Although I'm a little worried. It was recurring back up after feeding. It looked like it was going to move again. But I guess we'll see. I just felt bad seeing it in the display tank at the store.

It is a little bleached, but doesn't look real bad. Don't go overfeeding it and don't use big chunks of anything. It takes alot of energy for an anemone to digest meaty foods.
AnemoneFeeding/Foods/Nutrition: Types, Frequency, Amount, Wastes
"Underfeed, underfeed, don't feed! Underfeed, underfeed, don't feed! Most losses in captive systems are the result of over-feeding. How many more times do I feel I need to write this? Bunches! Some anemones have been kept for YEARS without any intentional external feeding. Know your stock! Many anemones (especially larger species) are detritivorous (a polite term meaning they eat poop), planktivorous, and largely chemoautotrophic/photosynthesizing species/individuals that hobbyists try to over-stuff with meaty/prepared foods. My bid for largest cause of loss of anemones is the consequences (lack of oxygen, hydrogen and other sulfide production...) from over-feeding. Cut it out! Within normal temperatures and other conditions, most can and do do well on weekly feedings. If you're going on vacation, leave them alone.
For almost all varieties kept, an occasional (weekly or so) perfusion (wash?) of live brine shrimp, prepared mash of frozen or dried food, or frappe' (as in with your blender) of "fresh" marine food meant for human consumption (shellfish, shrimp, langouste, not-so-oily fish) with or without supplementation. Temporarily turn off your particulate filters and squirt the food onto their tentacular surface."

Back