Purple Toadstool

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
I've never seen a purple toadstool before. I saw it when I was paying for the Tang today. But it was kinda' closed up on one side. The thing is huge, but the guy said he accidentally touched it yesterday and it hasn't opend back up...even closed it's the size of a saucer..I'm thinkin' about getting it tomorrow but don't want to waste my money if it's gonna die.

I've got a small toadstool in my tank and I'm certain I've touched it while messing with my tank and have never had a problem with it opening and closing....

Guy wants $30 for it..What d'ya think? Take it or leave it?

leathers in general can stay closed for days at a time for no good reason, in my experience. Personally, I'd snatch it up-- I've never seen a purple one. I've got a green one that wasn't doing well at the store, but I had never seen that color in a leather before, so I got it anyway. Now it's growing like mad. So I say, go for it. :)

Nope cookin up some food for our picnic tonight.... Chicken Tacos...gonna go around 2pm.

Get it and post a pic.I've never seen or heard of one before.

I bought one of my toadstools as a blue toadstool leather. It was definitely blue when I got it -- in fact, that's the only reason why I even got it in the first place. Over the next few months, it turned the normal toadstool pink color. I'm not so sure that blue and purple toadstools actually stay that color long-term.

I don't think it's dyed, because it's not a real striking color, it's just a normal purple....I pu tit in my tank today at about 3:30, then I had to take off for fireworks, I left my actinics on, by the time I got home it was opened up...it did tip over though because I didn't put it in th esad goo enough..gotta do a little re-adjusting in the morning.

When my leather is pissed off and all closed up it looks really purple. When he's open it just looks like the normal fleshy pink color.

Back