Put your hands together for...... HC HAMMERRRRR!!!!!!!

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

If you missed it, I'm referencing this thread. :mrgreen:
https://www.livingreefs.com/forums/reef-talk/18002-times-are-tough-my-hermit-downsized.html

491782841_iiz9r-O.jpg

Great shot! What are you shooting with? I really need to learn how to get pics like that. I love em!

haha, ok I'll wait for you to get another lens before I enter potm again.
Think you'll manage sometime before november? :wink:
im gonna need to borrow some lenses from my brother, and then its on like donkey kong. ill use my canon and youll use your nikon and we will see who is better

um, being a noob, i probably shouldnt stick my nose in on this one, but i have to vote for the canons.

Now please take this as its ment, light hearted, i'm not flaming or berating anyone, just stating my personal beliefs and experience....and in my experience, moving from one mount to another is as easy as getting an adapter, which just so happens to double my lenses anyway, so i can get away with a smaller lens, and still get thoes tele shots like from a larger, heavier, and much more expensive lense.

I've had the same set of lenses now for over 15 years, never had a problem with them, just moved from body to body(i have a tendency to wear them out beond repairability(money wise vs getting a new body)

i burned up 2 35mm rebels, a couple others, and now i'm on my first real DSLR and as of right now, no signs of problems, and i'm still using thoes same old lenses.

oh, and about the changing of mounts, at least canon is trying to improve, and before you say it, nikon mounts arent bad, but they could use some updating, so don't say that they got it right from the start. I mean this is a salt water forum, we all know you never get it 100% perfectly correct the first time at everything. Right?

oh, and BTW, d2mini, thats a damn fine shot!

Last edited:
Thanks project5k!

And just to clarify, dustin and I were just having fun with each other.
I would never tell anyone that either canon or nikon was better than the other. Because they're not. They each took their own path in some respects and neither path was necessarily better than the other. (The only exception is that until the Nikon D300 and D700 came out I would have recommended Canon to wedding shooters or anyone who does a lot of low light shooting, but not anymore.) I always say it comes down to personal preference and you need to go with whichever one feels better in your hands.

absolutely, and from my looking around, the canons tend to be more in my price range(not to mention that i already have all canon lenses) hehe..

the one thing that's really missing from my bag of tricks is a good macro lense.. i end up needing to take pictures of traces on circuit boards, and now my new fishy friends, and so, thats some more $$ i'll have to shell out someday...

hehe, my boss has a huge collection of nikon equipment, and i'm quite jealous, but then again he has almost as much money as (insert your personal favorite here)

Great photo. Fits perfectly with the other thread.

I've gotta start figuring out how to take a decent photo the my Nikon DSLR. Then I'll try to get in on some POTM's.

Oh, I'm so in on this one, let's pick sides and RUMBLE!!!!!! Who's with me on Team Cannon? Dennis, you pick your team and we'll go to the mat on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got Dustin....

Catherine

Back