pvc for aquascape

hingreef

Reefing newb
I want a PVC box type setup to put some of my rocks on during aquascape. How do I get it not to float? If I put it together underwater I'm afraid water would be trapped & possibly be stagnant maybe effecting water paremeters. If I drill holes I'm afraid worms, snails, exc would get in.

I would think the weight of the rocks would keep it from floating and drilling holes will help with the stagnant water issue. I wouldn't worry about snails or worms getting in there. If they do, they will help with the detritus that may collect. If there isn't anything in the pvc for them to eat, they will move on to greener pastures! You could super glue the pvc structure to the bottom of your tank but that's a permanent location.

Thanks everyone!!! I like both ideas, the rock idea is very creative! I guess I was worried about with drilling the worms may get trapped inside. I hear you can "trap" bristleworms with a tube by drilling holes & putting food inside & I just didn't want anything getting stuck & dying in there & raising any water parameters.

Back