Q-tip sponge???

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
Found this in the area underneath my collection cup. Guessing it's a q-tip sponge? Although, I saw what looked like a tiny amphipod running on the outside of the object in the picture, is it an egg sack? I also have a larger one on the outside of my skimmer. Also, found a bristle worm and some amphipods. Sucked the amphipods up into my feeding syringe and fed them to my fish, disposed of the worm.
DSCN6368.jpg

One end is stuck to the glass. The one on the outside is about 3-4cm long, one side stuck to the skimmer, the other side is floating around in the water flow with a large hole in the end.

Took a flash light to the side of my sump and found about 5 other small ones. Correction about the one on the skimmer, it's actually 2". They looks like furry, white filter feeders. There are also quite a few amphipods all in my sump. still wondering If the 2 are related. I'll have to try and get some other shots of one later, about to fall asleep.

As long as they aren't bristle worm or flatworm nests then I don't mind them.

Evan did you ever see that movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers? I would be very careful about falling asleep. That thing could start to grow and................:mrgreen:

I'm guessing their in the same family as Q-Tips.
I've got a bunch of em in my sump and skimmer.
Leave them bristle worms alone,their good for the tank.

I'm guessing their in the same family as Q-Tips.
I've got a bunch of em in my sump and skimmer.
Leave them bristle worms alone,their good for the tank.

Ya, I know bristle worms are good CUCs but it wouldve been fish food by the time it hit the sand. I didn't feel like having my arm bit trying to deposit the worm on the sand so I just disposed of him down the drain. Plus, I'm not a large fan of them and if one made it in the area below the collection cup of my skimmer then I'm sure there are more in the DT.

Back