QT tank question

I don't use flakes or pellets either. There are several brands of garlic extract, or you can make your own (it's just the oil leftover when you press it). I also use Selcon vitamins/amino acids.

Woke up today and checked on my QT tank and my black percula is dead! I offically hate QT tanks and do not think they work. I am down to my last 2 chromis.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hate qt tanks also. There are so many different fish I have owned over the years that have died that I stopped buying the really nice fish. Guess thats why I am trying my hand at corals. Some days it feels like the tanks are just glass death chambers. :shock: You are in a very hard spot right now but you will come around and get through this. Unfortunately we all get ick or something. The best you can do in my opion is to acclimate new stock and/or dip them before going into your tank. Then all there is to do is pray.

beam3er Sorry about your loss. Sometimes this hobby can be trying. Hang in there, hopefully there will be better times and less frustration in the future.

I have never used a QT tank before.

Thanks for your support everyone. It is frustrating and hard to see a fish suffer. I am going to pick new fish, when the time comes more carefully and do a dip before I introduce them into my DT. Thanks again everyone.

Back