Quarantine Procedure

Cupramine or Coppersafe, either work well. Follow directions and you are good, treat 1 times a month, remember to treat the water you use for water changes. This will effectively, do normal top offs, without adding more copper solution else you will spike the copper really high potentially killing everything.

no need to with copper treatment, though it is possible to do both at the same time, i would maintain a lower salinity, perhaps 1.022 as lower salinity requires less work for the fish to maintain homeostasis, aka, less stressful environment and therefore a better place to acclimate and heal. I do not know of many people who do both, its normally either hypo (1.010 salinity) or copper never really both.
However, if you do maintain a lower salinity it will take a lot longer to acclimate to a dt with a salinity of 1.026 as sudden increases of salinity (were talking hours) can be severe enough to kill the fish.

Yeah,i love those articles.I do the hypo ,because it seems to be the lesser stressers of the QT treatments.My LFS runs a HUGE UV (not sure what size)I'm not a true believer in these and still QT and treat

Back