Quarantine Tank

cthegame

Reef enthusiast
It seems that any fish I put in my QT just ends up getting worse. Since my QT is only 10 gallons, I test the water every other day and give more frequent water changes to ensure water stays fresh, however, the fish just seem to get worse.

I saw ich on my coral beauty, took him out and put him in the QT and the ich just got worse. Same thing happened with my clown. When I put her in the QT, she got worse and died.

I’m wordering if going from a big tank to a small tank makes it worse on the fish. I have decided to QT all the fish and get rid of the ich but now I wonder if that will stress out my Tang (who is not sick).

Is it ok to QT a yellow tang who needs a lot of space to swim? Can a tang be quarantined for up to 6 to 8 weeks in a QT tank?

I’m probably doing something wrong because every fish I put in the QT show stronger sings of stress.

Any ideas on what I could do. My goal is to get rid of the ich in my main tank but my fish just stress more in the QT.

Thanks

Wouldnt going from a say a $400,000.00 home to a 12X70 mobile home over night stress you?
It will stress them,But the reason for the QT is to medicate the fish.So if your using copper it should still kill the ick even if the fish is stressed from the tank change.

the coral Beauty had only 4 or 5 spots on it in the main tank. Then a day later in the QT, he was covered all over with ich and now is not swimming right and breathing harder and he is loosing his color and has scars on his body – it happened after I put him in the QT. it is getting more and more serious to the point I don’t think he will make it.

The QT has copper, one powerhead and a hang on filer.

Just don’t know what to do.

Do you have any PVC in there for it to hide? They still need some shelter. And a heater?

Yes I have both. Is t better to maybe divide the QT so that the fish dont bother each other?

6 fish will be living together in the QT tank for 6 weeks and i'm sure there will be alot of stress on some of them.

Back