Quattro4444's Build in the Making...

quattro4444

Reefing newb
So I finally worked out all of the demensions and overall design of what I want my aquarium system to be and look like... I'm deffinetelly open to criticism so let me know what you think!!! I'm pretty sure the picture will explain all:

Sean

Attachments

• Aquarium.jpg
    Aquarium.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 279
Looks pretty perfect. I just have two thoughts:
1. The way you have your baffling sketched defies the laws of gravity. I assume that you just drew it that way so that you could fit your text over it, but if not, realize that with your 3rd baffle that high, that's where your water level in your sump will be.
2. Don't forget to account for an air break in your returns. With them mounted that low, if your pump ever fails and you don't have a break, you will have a big flood.

I'm excited to see this one come together!

lol... Yeah it was a quick moc up in Paint... I'm deffinetely excited just waiting on a friend to get the materials and the build will commence from there...

Working out the final build details with a local reefer this week and hopefully will start the build in a week or two depending on $$$... :^: He actually has almost the same setup... He used hottub jets for the return into the tank so I might have him do
the same for mine... The plumbing and everything has been a collaboration of everything I've seen on here, so hopefully everything runs smoothly!!! Still debating on what return pump to go with??? I like the dart just think maybe it will be a little overkill... I need this setup to be as quiet as possible because it will be inthe living room...

Both the display tank and sump will be acrylic, and the stand will be made out of tube steel or some other equivelet material... I wanted to have the most access to underneath the tank as possible without having center braces...

Thanks for all the comment and I'm just as eager as the rest of you to see it come alive!!!

Sean

Back