Question About Featherdusters

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
Are They Hardy ???? I See Them All The Time And Really Like Them. I Like The Smaller Ones More Then The Big Brown Ones. How Do You Acclimate A Featherduster ???
Thanks

???hard Shelled ???? I Didn't Notice AnY Shells ?? I SEEN SMALL FEATHERS AND LARGE FEATHER ?? IS THE TUBE WHAT YOU ARE REFERING TO SHELL???

Last edited:
Ok So Stay Away From The Hard Tube Ones, I Guess I Can Tell By Looking At Them Right ??? Sorry Noobie Featherduster !!! Lol

My goby decided to dig out a new burrow under a rock. He gobbled up mouthful after mouthful of sand and deposited it squarely on top of my only 2 featherdusters in the tank. He hogged out a hole under a rock, but was trying to close up the front entrance and build a new "back door" that was more sheltered and secluded. Every mouthful of sand that he dug out from under the rock went right on top of my featherdusters.

I tried to stop him from digging there. The feather dusters were "rooted" and grown onto the rock

The goby killed them both.

:frustrat:

I'm about to just give up on the gawd damn fish!! First my 6-line went all Charlie Manson and tried to destroy every living thing in the tank. Then I brought home an angel that had ICH and it died. My clown fish got ICH and just barely survived. Now the friggin' goby has decided to start killing stuff.

Anybody wanna buy a 4" diamond watchman goby, a fat 6-line wrasse about 2.5" long and a little occelarous 2" clown? Yes, I'm serious.

Coco worms(hard shells) are super difficult to keep alive long term.Even with heavy feeding they still tend to die.Feather Duster worms on the other hand are fairly hardy.They do best with ocassional dose of phytoplankton,marine snow and other invert/micro food.

rc, sorry about the bad luck with things. kinda sucks. I have a 3 in diamond and he seems ok. does dig tons of holes. I fill in some in the front, i am afraid he might be in one of them one time. last night i thought I filled him in , but he put up today fine. I was thinking about the dwarf featherdusters and try to keep them up in the rock work if I can.

yes thats what I'm saying !! i could join. I only have a 35 gallon !! and in this hobby thats tiny right? !!!!!! let me join I'm begging you !!! lol

As President and founding member of the T.T.C, I hereby grant you A+ Super Duper member status for life. Welcome to the T.T.C.

:Cheers:

ok...sorry to get off of topic.
dwarf featherdusters should be ok in a 9 month old tank then right ????
stay away from coco warms. And I should be able to keep them up on the rocks right ????
thanks for all the help !

feather dusters are very hardly i ve had mine for 4 years now no problems but
will shoot the crown if scared a lot by fish or crabs they like dts plankton requirement for them they grow rather fast and prefers to be placed between lve rock or on one rock as they will attach themselves to the rock better than on very bottom for something to dig up if crown is shot its a 50-50 chance it will grow back if it feels threaten where its placed it will leave its tube and make a new one

Back