question about mushroom, starving for light?

sps

Reefing newb
Can anyone tell me if my mushrooms look like they are reaching for more light? The center and back ones seem to be reaching upward. They are placed mid tank under 250 watt halide. Thanks.
Rob.

IMG_3083.jpg

Now they are all reaching higher. Interesting. I really think my lighting is messed up. 250's as dim as 175's. Anyone here that wants to grab a par meter, jump on a plane (first class of course) and test my lights would get a big fat hug from me.

From my understanding, the bulb makes a huge difference in how much light is put out.

Also, mushrooms expand and contract based on the light. Those look perfectly fine to me.

I am running radiums but they look dim for some reason compared to ones I see at my lfs. I also dont get that "pop" of colors. Look at me, hijacking my own thread.

Not sure on the PAR of MH bulbs since I only run t5's

The color "pop" is based more on the spectrum of the light. If you are running say a 10,000 K bulb, it will pop less and be more washed out than say a 20,000 K bulb. This is because the second bulb is closer to the blue spectrum. You will just have to experiment with the bulbs till you find one that you like.

The radiums are a 20k spectrum. They make colors pop like crazy in other cases, and also I have actinics running.

Back