Question about my leather coral

Is it too late to return it to the store?

Unfortunately, yes. This is a brand new shop that opened up and I goofed and let my fiance send the packaging it came in to the recycling truck a week ago. (D'oh!)

I am not sure if they would take it back anyway, but man do I feel stupid for letting the guy mislead me into buying a useless fixture.

I guess craigslist is always an option. Yet I did browse craigslist for my area and there are basically no saltwater hobbyists even selling anything so I doubt it'd be easy to sell.

The fixture I am looking at was recommended by someone else here:
https://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/239340/i/1/product.web

It looks good, but the problem is my tank is only 12 inches wide and I currently have my heater, hang on skimmer and hang on power filter--hanging on to the back of my tank. The fixture is exactly 12 inches wide so I'm not even sure if it'll work for me unless the legs that come with it can clear my skimmer tubes and filter then I'm okay, except one other factor: it says it requires a glass canopy, and I'm not even sure how easy it would be to find one for my tank, as I have been looking for the past half hour online.

Check the DC craigslist there is alot of stuff on there I live between DC and baltimore so I check both. That is a good light and that pet place is about 2 hours away from DC. It would be ok to hang over some. If not look for a 4 bulb light.

Check the DC craigslist there is alot of stuff on there I live between DC and baltimore so I check both. That is a good light and that pet place is about 2 hours away from DC. It would be ok to hang over some. If not look for a 4 bulb light.

Nice To meet you i live in Brooklyn :D

I had the 4 x 54 watt Current Novas over my old 55 gallon tank and was able to keep anything I tried.

You would be better off finding a 4 bulb fixture with individual reflectors, though. The Current Novas do not have IRs.

I'm just thinking about the future. I may end up upgrading one day (I hope so) and I don't want to have to replace yet another fixture.

On the other hand I'm worried that the 12" wide lighting won't fit on my current tank. I actually went ahead and ordered it, but it's backordered for another week or so, so I can still change my mind if I need to. With the 12" wide light on my 12" tank, the way I see it is I can always slide it over just a bit to make room if I have to.

What would you do in my shoes Biffer?

A little off the subject...but that's definitely a devils hand leather....Toadstools will completely fill out the top with the prickly feelers..Devils hands will have them sporatically around the top.

Back