question about sick fish that is getting better

Paste

I'm on a boat!
So I have a butterfly fish that got a fungal issue, I have pulled him and he is in QT and seems to be doing much better. The fuzzy spots are gone, most of the "pinkness" is gone and he is active and eating (he was eating fine before but I pulled him so my other fish wouldn't get whatever he had going on).

I am a still probably a week or so before putting him back in the display, I just am curious if his scales will grow back like they were... where he was brilliantly bright, now where there was spots the scales appear greyish... they aren't inflamed/fuzzy or pink anymore and I am taking this as a very good sign.

there is also a scratch on his side that has healed up well as well, will that be a permanent scar?

Usually whatever caused the disease is still in the tank, but I think you did the right thing by pulling and treating. As long as he isn't stressed, he should be able to keep the disease at bay and shouldn't be an issue. Make sure he is getting angel/butterfly specific foods! They normally have lots of sponges and corals in their diet and without that you predispose them to issues.

But I would think the scales will be replaced in their normal "shedding" pattern, but the scratch I am not totally sure about.

yeah,
well chicks dig scars right?
yeah, he is getting spongy food for angles as well as mysis (he loves his shrimps!) and spurlina (sp)

Back