question mixing

diver

Reefing newb
regarding the constant changing of subjects in a different thread:
I may have been guilty of this, and bifferwine is right. Point taken. it does make things hard to follow.

diver

no question. I was referring to a some being scolded for changing topics often within a given thread.

Just to clarify, do not ask questions about your system in other people's threads. Start your own thread. Example:

"Baxter" starts a thread saying, "What kind of macroalgae should I keep in my fuge?" Three posts later, "Clementine" chimes in and asks, out of the blue, "Can I keep a sohal tang in my 12 gallon nano?" and three posts later, "Trevor" says, "How many snails should I have?"

Clementine and Trevor need to start their own threads, yo.

Just to clarify, do not ask questions about your system in other people's threads. Start your own thread. Example:

"Baxter" starts a thread saying, "What kind of macroalgae should I keep in my fuge?" Three posts later, "Clementine" chimes in and asks, out of the blue, "Can I keep a sohal tang in my 12 gallon nano?" and three posts later, "Trevor" says, "How many snails should I have?"

Clementine and Trevor need to start their own threads, yo.

Ok,I'm confussed now.
Whose Baxter and Clementine?:mrgreen:

Ditto point taken, can we also ammend this to asking the same question in a bunch of threads at the same time?

That is a great point.
Theres no need for 4 or 5 threads from the same person asking the exact same question word for word.

If I see duplicate threads, I delete one of them. If the duplicate threads both have responses, I merge them. You guys can do your part by ignoring one of the threads and only responding to the other one.

This post confused me from the start...this is a complain by the poster...he can make it in off-topic...i dont see a single newbie question here.

Last edited:
This post confused me from he start...this is a complain by the poster...he can make it in off-topic...i dont see a single newbie question here.

i kept thinking that too

but biff read some posts and didnt notice it so....

but yeah shouldnt this be in offtopic

Maybe the poster put it in the newbie section because it was directed at the noobs, just putting it out there.

Back