Question

mono19

Reefing newb
I just got my light in the mail and I'm kinda confused at what to have turned on when.. This is the light that I bought..

Odyssea Metal Halide System. It comes with about what seems like a billion different bulbs that seem to do different things.

I was wondering what lights do what and do I need to have them on all at the same time? or some lights on at different times...Thanks.

the billion lights are so you can create a dusk and dawn effect so your light arent at full intensity right away and if you have a tank controller you can program them through that for your desired effect

Have the blue ones come on first, about an hour later, have the whites come on...and then when tutu have your whites go off, keep the blues on for an hour longer. Therefore creating a dawn/dusk cycle. For example, my blues come on at 8 am, and the whites come on at 9 am. Then my whites go off at 7 pm and the blues go off at 8 pm.

Wondering if you have any pics of what your tank looks like when you set them up. Looking at getting these when I buy a bigger tank. And was wondering how you like them? Thanks lil matty

I don't have a pic of them all set up yet. I haven't really set up the tank. Waiting for a stand to be built. I have everything I need but that lol. I have put them on top of the empty tank and turned it all on to see what it's like and WOW is about all I can say. They are SO bright. I turned out all the lights in my place and just this light lit up half the room. I really looking forward to how it makes everything turn out cause they are pretty incredible looking on an empty tank

Back