Questions about my 100g SW

I would reconsider the hippo tang, they really should be in 8 foot + tanks. If you do decide to still keep one, do not get one of the baby's that are sold in the hobby, they do not adjust well to life in captivity, get one that is 3-4 inches long minimum

A white cheek should be fine in your tank, but it is an Acanthurus tang, which require good water quality, so I would wait until your tank is more established before adding it. As an Acanthurus tang, it will also likely have issues with any fish added to the tank after him (they tend to be boss fish of a tank) so I would make the white cheek the last fish added

How about an achilles tang? Would a 100 gallon be large enough for a juvienile? A friend of mine has a 220 And has agreed to trade down the road to give the achilles a bigger home when he out grows my 100. Any info would be great.

Check out liveaquaria.com for recommended tank sizes.
Achilles Tang

My vlamingi is about 8" and is starting to look cramped at times when he really gets going. I really wouldn't do anything outside your current tank size even if someone says they will trade with you in the future. Life happens and then you are causing your fish stress a few years down the road.

Achillies tangs are very very very very very very very very very challenging to keep. I would try them in an undersides tank, nor would I try one without plenty of experience under your belt.

Achillies tangs are very very very very very very very very very challenging to keep. I would try them in an undersides tank, nor would I try one without plenty of experience under your belt.

This x2. Mine usually shows a few ich spots at night when the lights are dimming down. These are VERY finicky fish that are tough to keep happy. Also, you will have a VERY hard time keeping an Achilles and a White Cheek in the same tank, they are of the same family, and look very similar - you would likely have a fish fight club on your hands until one (or both) were dead

Any of the Acanthurus tangs (White Cheek, Achilles, Powder Blue, Powder Brown) are fairly difficult fish that are SUPER prone to ich

Back