Questions on equipment for Soon to Be in Existance Tank!

SJojo3377

Reefing newb
Hey everyone!

So it has been a while since I have last posted but I am on this site almost everyday! So after much talking things over with research and LFS's, looking at products, etc. We have finally came up with our reef setup! I just wanted to get some input from peeps about pros/cons and if they are using this same equipment that we are interested in.... :question:
So, we were thinking:

1. 65 gallon tank stand- All-Glass

2. 65 gallon aquarium- Deep Blue

3. Sicce Syncra 2.0 pump (568gph)- to pump water into the protein skimmer. (Is this the correct volume I need?)

4. 1 powerhead (Tunze Turbella stream 6065)

5. Protein skimmer (Reef Octopus NWB 150)

6. Lights - TMC Aqua Ray HD 1000 tile lighting

7. Heater - True Temp Titanium JBJ heater system 300 watt

8. live rock, dry rock, and live sand

9. sump and plumbing - Making our own out of a 20 gallon long

10. Titanium ground probe-for stray voltage (don't have a brand name yet, thoughts?)

11. Quarantine tank will be a 10 gallon with stock lighting and a Jager heater (tank from PetCo or Petsmart)

So, would all of this equipment be proper for a 65 gallon aquarium? Dimensions are 48 X 18 X 24. Also, as far as lighting I have got to say it was the hardest thing to research and choose!....Do you think that I would need 2 tiles of this lighting instead of 1?

Questions, questions.......:shock:

Thank you so much for ya'll input and help! :D

how high you hang the fixture will decide whether or not you need two lights. it should have good spread, but it's only half of the depth of the tank (my reference said 20cm x 20cm which is roughly 8"x8") so if you have the money, I would go with two.

Thank you kbuser. What do you know about my other questions? It seems you are the only one that is answering my post.....thank you for that. .... Did I post this in the wrong section? I always see lots of people answer other people's questions. ?

I would look into the AquaC Remora skimmers or Reef Octopus BH100. They both have pumps built in. The powerhead should be around 600 and use 3 or 2x900gph. The rest sounds good!

You probably aren't getting a lot of responses because everything looks great :D

With the skimmer pump, just put a ball valve on the input and play around with it. I like to turn the pump down really low with a lot of airflow so I get a real dry gunky skim, but most people suggest a dark colored liquid skim.

Back