Quick lil vid...

Just keeping the family name I see.

Looks like you've got a young marine biologist there to help with your tank.
Cool vid.

Some friendly--and unsolicited advice:
You'll wish that you'd taught your son NOT to touch the glass when you see him pick up a toy truck and smack the glass with it one of these days. :yikesu:

My kids can look as much as they want, but if they touch the glass-- their butt is gonna get swatted. They know it too.

Ya know how I learned that? My wife isn't much of a disciplinarian. I usually get stuck doing it. She and I had a HEATED argument about letting the kids touch the TV screen. (kids were in bed) I was all for smackin' their butts when they touch the screen. She didn't give a sh*t.

"Let 'em be kids," she said.

I finally gave in and told her, "One of them is gonna put their hand through the screen eventually. When we are in the emergency room getting the checkbook out to pay for all the stitches--I'm gonna lean in close and whisper in your ear --- "TOLD YA. "

Well, no stitches, but about 3 weeks later, my son picked up a toy truck and put it right through the TV screen. $1200 later, we had a new TV. Too bad the other one was only 2yrs old.

Why do some women learn everything the hard way?:frustrat:

Last edited:
Already fighting the racecars and trucks off as we speak. He has gotten better but he is only 2 1/2 after all. He can barley reach the tank while on the floor. The chairs are tethered to the table so he cant use them as implements of destruction when I turn my back...

Dude, Mike your kid is the cutest little guy I have seen in a long time... At my work, I get kids in the restaurant all the time, who just make you wanna scream, but he is totally cute... Did you end up getting a vlamingi too... I couldn't really tell, but BOB looks like a beautiful fish... Hey and Bro, we should get together and trade some frags...

Some friendly--and unsolicited advice:
You'll wish that you'd taught your son NOT to touch the glass when you see him pick up a toy truck and smack the glass with it one of these days. :yikesu:

My kids can look as much as they want, but if they touch the glass-- their butt is gonna get swatted. They know it too.

I found a BB gun works better than a switch..... Just make sure you have good aim or GOODBYE tank.

Awesome tank and vid Mik!

that's cool you son is into it too. my three year old daughter can name everything in the tank! when people comes over she drags them over to the tank to show them everything. sometimes she gets confused and thinks my big feather duster is an anemone. it's cute hearing a 3 year old girl say anemone.

that is so funny. All of my kids do the same thing. My 6-year old loves to talk about the difference between an SPS and LPS coral. Kids are great. It is fun to see my wife learn all about the tanks as well. She is really supportive of my hobby.

-Doc

Back