Quiet Pump

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
Does anyone know of a pump that runs quiet? The one I have is driving me nuts. Everyone I read about says runs quiet. Yah Right. :question:

What pump do you have Piggy?
I have a Mag 24 and it drives me nuts!

Are you looking for an external or in sump?
I'm going with a Panworld external pump because its suppose to be reliable and very quiet.

Once you get into those larger size pumps they must get louder.My Mag 7 was super quiet but the Mag 24 is loud as heck.Make sure its not noise from vibrations first.I know the smaller Eheims are quiet but not sure of the larger one.I not 100% sure on what pump ran internally and can pump 1200gph that are quiet.

Externally the little giants,Iwaki and Panworld pumps are quiet.Have you thought of one of those running outside the sump..Marine Depot and Premium Aquatics recommended a Panworld for me.They say its more affordable,runs quiet and doesn't heat up the water like some pumps.

You wouldn't even need to drill the sump.You can run PVC over the lip of the return section to the pump.Just have the other end near the bottom of the return section,thats all.

Maybe someone tomorrow,or later today I mean can tell their experience with larger internal pumps.

I've never had an external pump. I run a Mag 18 as my return pump and it's quiet. I used to run an Eheim, and it was super quiet. You might want to try an Eheim.

One more thing Piggy.Once you get into the larger pumps-running them in sump heats up the water more than external ones not to mention how much space the larger ones take up.

If your 18 mag is running quiet. Then maybe i got a bad 12. I may order another 12 to see. I can't return the one I have until I get another one.

Back