Quiet Pump

Queman

Cayman Islands
Just starting setting up my system today, (see picture attached). I bought a full kit from a Chinese company, great price and the quality of the woodwork is excellent put the pump is making a lot of noise and I got to admit, look cheap. Any good quiet pump to recommend? I don't mind paying a bit more as the system was 70% cheaper than what I saw in Miami.

Thanks

Attachments

• _Device Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG00031-20081026-2019.jpg
    _Device Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG00031-20081026-2019.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 297
Thanks, will look at them online. I am just starting the set up, the "top" is not on yet, will post some pictures when I am done.

That is badass! What is the pump being used for? That is probably the best place to start. IE is it a sump return pump, powerhead, closed loop, etc.

Well, it is the main pump, the one that return the water from the filter to the aquarium. Works well, but the noise is just killing the mood.

Love the shape of the tank. Can't wait to see it with livestock. As for pumps the mag drives are pretty quiet.

Im with biff, check out eheim!

Mags can cause you heat problems...

You could check out quiet ones, a bunch of people on here don't like them, but I have yet to have a problem. (iv only had the 4k for a month or so, but iv used the 5k before...)

Back