Radion Light Setup ... Question

jpython

Reefing newb
Well i just bought 3 Radion XR30w LED fixture ... i am so excited about them however my wallet is really upset ...

I am setting up a 172 G tank .... its has the following diameters (71 (180 cm) L x 24 (60 cm) W x 24 (60 cm) T)

i am not sure how long the fixture should be as if i went with their standard real combo i have the following options:

1) total L of 62in (158 cm) approx or
2) total L of 66in (168 cm)

or shall i do something custom with totally different dimension.

thanks for your help guys .....:frustrat::frustrat:

I would space the fixtures equally along the length of the tank.

So hang one direct center over the tank, then hand the other two over the center of the other sections. That will give you the most even light output.

And decide if you need to hang them the typical way, or horizontally for the best light coverage. I have 4 hanging horizontally over my tank (check my build thread), especially because I have coast-to-coast overflow along the entire rear. I went with a custom setup using the 80/20 aluminum bars instead of the standard ecotech rails, which allows the lights to move side to side.

i will center it ... however i have to experience with LED's so how much clearance will in need from the edges .... usually T5 lights run across the full tank ...

Back