raising calcium

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
My calcium turned out to be low, around 350, so I'm dosing to get it higher. My question is I have purple up, and I also have reef builder, which both raise calcium. Should I be using one or the other or both? How often of each. Right now I am only using the purple up, one cap a day as per directions.

Purple Up won't raise your calcium significantly. It's not meant to. Try using both, or just the Reef Builder, and follow the directions on the bottle.

I like seachem produces to raise calcium. it is the blue bottle. It takes less than a week to get water up to where you want it.

-Doc

I like to make my own calcium. I will also try the mag part of the DIY two part but havn't yet. Anyway the DIY cal works great for me.

Purple up wont do you any good.I never had any luck with that stuff.
I like to use a combination of dripping kalk,and SeaChems Reef Complete Calcium.

It works pretty good Doc.
I use the kalk mainly to help with phosphate control.But it also keeps my calcium from dropping so quick.

i have had great success just dosing with the seachem once a week about 3 days after doing a water change

-Doc

Back