Raising PH

If your new to the hobby than stick with PH buffers that you can't overshoot.
I like the ''Proper PH 8.2'' and the ''Seachem reef buffer 8.3''.With those products you can't overshoot the PH but it can effect akalinity.I highly advise on getting a test for alk. when dosing to get the PH up.

also, increasing oxygen levels can bring ph up. along with photosyntesis of plants and algea. always test ph shortly befor the lights go out for the day. this is when ph is at it's highest. ph will be the lowest just before the lights come back on. remember, don't go above 8.4.

Wow those levels are really low. Keep a close eye on your animals (if you have any). Like others have said, there are plenty of products made to raise pH. I use the Seachem one (can't remember exactly what it is).

kent marine makes a good buffer. BTW, what kind of salt are you using? that can effect Ph. with consistent water changes, Ph should be the last problem you have. One more idea, how old are the tests? I have tested my Ph once and it read totally low and it was a defective test. test at night as well. good luck.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Back