Raising PH

As Jhn stater previously in another post first find the reson for the drop in Ph eliminate that issue then raise your ph I use pro buffer dkh with coraline accelerator works great for me only use a capful for every 20 gals each day until target ph has been aquired hope this helps.

First, Check your Alkalinity and make sure it is at the correct levels.

If that is ok do a CO2 test... take a couple cups of water outside and use an airstone to airrate it for a couple hours then test it and if the ph tests higher, you have an elevated CO2 level in your house.

Did you use any concrete rocks in setting up your tank?

Just a few ideas let me know and we can go from here.
Brandon

Thanks for the reply..
I have no concrete rocks or anything like that.

Tank Parameters:
Alkalinity (KH): 5.5 dH
CO2 : 1.8mg/l
PH : 8.0 (up from 7.8 after 7 or 8 days of adding one dose of Reef Buffer per day)
Calc : 420 ppm
Salinity : 1.025
Temp : 80

How do I go about using the Baking soda? Also how long does it take for the reaction to complete? It's a 55gal. tank
thanks

You need to make sure thats the route you want to take are you expeirenced enough in the hobby? Remember baking soda is only a quick fix to raise it I would only reccomend it if you have no life at all in the tank. Then you have to worry about false readings and the fact that it only raises it doesnt stabalise as well just a thought. Hope this helps.

Back