random equipment help needed

little_fish

So first, has anyone used this heater? I need to get a new one asap and I would like to get a good quality one. Is there another heater you would recommend using?

ViaAqua Titanium Aquarium Heater

Second, I am going in invest in some sort of a controller that will shut off the heater when the temp gets to a certain point, but I have no idea what kind of controller will do this. Can you guys help me out? Remember, i am so broke at this moment so no fancy pants shit.

Finally, I want to upgrade my over flow to something that will restart when the power goes out, do all i need to replace is the over flow tube to one that has a nipple (hahahahaha) that I can attach one of those air lift pumps to?

Reef keeper lite would be perfect for turning off and on your heater.
Check out this BRS video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8FQGz_s_g8&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Digital aquatics Reefkeeper Lite aquarium controller - Automate and protect your reef tank ! - YouTube[/ame]

I got the finnex titanium heater after that marineland recall and I was happy with it and it has it's own controller that I thought worked really well. Finnex 150W Heater with Digital Controller - AquaCave.com

As for the overflow, I'd suggest replacing yours with the lifereef one if you're looking for a continuous siphon. I had the CPR one that used the pump and it was a pain. In two years I had to replace that tom's pump 3 times and the hose nipple was always getting clogged and needed to be cleaned. It's just not a reliable enough system for me to eve use it again.

If you want t good heater, go with the JBJ digital w/ external controller and probe. They are $99 from marine depot for 100w (and then you could get a cheap one to throw in your sump as a back up)

Ugg, what an expensive night. I ordered the RKL, heater and overflow box. I guess this is the price of sleeping soundly at night.

That makes sense, esp. since you got the RKL too. I'll be curious to hear how you like both the heater and RKL - I was looking at the finnex for my 37 and still might go in that direction.

Omg, thank you Erin :)

But I am going to the house of the guy that makes the LifeReef overflow boxes to pick mine up. Im excited to see what sort of bitching tanks this guy has.

Back