Random moment...my big fat cardinal

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
I just fed the fish, and I was just admiring my banggai cardinal and was just thinking how FAT he is :) I just want to grab him and take a bite; he's so chunky! He always beats the clowns and the firefish to the feeding corner. He sees me and lurks in the corner. So that as soon as I drop in the food, he gets the first bite.

I have stopped turning off the powerheads at meal time because they seem to all enjoy chasing after the food. Before, I would have too much food sink to the bottom for the cuc. Now, they all just chase after their meal. It's fun to watch.

Yeah that's what I figured. I mean, in the wild, they chase after their food anyway. And isn't our goal to make the tank as close to the wild as possible? :)

I have certain types of food that my fish won't eat unless its thrown in with the power heads on. I have these garlic enhanced pellets and they wont even bother with them. Drop a couple in the tank when the power heads are on and boom they stalk them like prey.

I love those pellets. My firefish was showing early signs of ich and I put those in and he was cured. I forget but somehow I don't have the firefish now, I think my clown killed it. Then the clown died because he got stuck in between the rock.

Don't use those pellets too often though because they will give your tank algea, that's why I use frozen except for vacation I use pellets so its easier for my grandpa to feed them. I should have listen more to Biff when she said that pellets and flakes lead to algae.

I love those pellets. My firefish was showing early signs of ich and I put those in and he was cured. I forget but somehow I don't have the firefish now, I think my clown killed it. Then the clown died because he got stuck in between the rock.

Don't use those pellets too often though because they will give your tank algea, that's why I use frozen except for vacation I use pellets so its easier for my grandpa to feed them. I should have listen more to Biff when she said that pellets and flakes lead to algae.

Hibye, that's sounding like a soap opera chain of events!

Even my passive pajama cardinal chases food now too....it's funny, he doesn't go after mysis veyr much, but if I put in Brine shrimp, he'll bully even the foxface for it!

My fish are getting kind of fat, too....hard to get my girlfriend not to overfeed them: "But they look so hungry!! And Roger is begging!"

Back