RBTA vs. Prism Pro surface skimmer

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
We all know who wins this; I didn't get a pic of the nem stuck in all the fins of the skimmer, but I got some after shots of it recovering in the sump. This happened 3 days ago while I was at work.
005.JPG

003.JPG

This is what it got sucked into:
004_866699.JPG

And here it is this afternoon, back in the display. It's eating, and looking great! Whew!
026.JPG

This is the second time this has happened to this poor guy, the first time was in the old 55gal, a week after I bought it. :frustrat:
I thought it was a goner, but it not only recovered, but split a month later.

This anemone has survived:
prolonged nitrate spikes over 80ppm (API test), temps over 88F for days, lived under 2 65w PC lights for 8 months, been severely chopped up in a HOB filter intake, one split, high phosphates, bleaching (now recovered, took 5 months), a second time through a filter, all while being roughly buffeted by an aggressive maroon clown.
Yeah I'd say it's a tough guy for sure!
Wow, typing this out makes me realize just how much I've learned about reef keeping in a relatively short time (2 years).

Hahahaha! Your nem probably hates you!!

I'm glad it recovered though. For some reason, they always seem attracted to powerhead and skimmer intakes. So many of them end up chopped up!

Back