rbta

poolshark181

Reefing newb
curious for you rbta or bta owners out there. when covering intakes of powerheads, on the maxijets, there's already a covering for the intake. is this sufficient or do i need to sponge it(id prefer not to) also, are rbta's stings set to kill or set to stun for other corals? if the rbta dies, will it poison the tank and wipe out my livestock? and finally, is a newly cloned rbta for $50 a good deal? Thanks guys.

A plastic intake cover will not be sufficient. An anemone will easily get sucked into even the smallest slits or cracks and get chopped up. You will need sponge.

The stings of BTAs can easily kill other corals. I've seen pictures of when they've moved across a tank leaving a giant white path behind them.

And if it dies in your tank and you are not home (it only needs a couple hours to turn to jelly) it can potentially wipe out your livestock. This is also really common. They are NASTY when they die, and unless you take it out before it dies, it will just disintegrate in your water and foul up everything.

Where I live, $50 for a RBTA would be a good deal.

Back