Rbta

Scots_art

Reefing newb
i have a tank cloned RBTA , i am well aware that they move around until they find a comfortable spot.

Now my RBTA found a spot and has stayed in it for over a week , nearly 2 weeks.
absolutely nothing has changed in that time , ive just come to bed and looked at the tank only to see my RBTA appearing on the other side of the rock :frustrat::frustrat:..

tank tests are as follows

temp 25c
SG 35 ppt
PH 8
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
PO4 0.08 .. working on bringing this back down with rowaphos.

Ive just read it could be on the move because it was not getting enough food / supplement feeding. so will be finding a spot where it will catch enough food ( well it believes its catching its own )

Last edited:
sorry i posted in wrong section , was half asleep when i made the post lol.

woke up this morning checked the tank , only to find shes back in her usual spot now .
must have just been visiting her tank mates and saying hello .

That is one part of having an anemone that can be risky and frustrating. If they decide to move, you have to just deal with it and move the things around them that they start stinging.

easier said than done when it decides its moving when your going to bed. if you think i am staying awake to baby sit corals to pick them up and move out the way ... think again lol.

i offered it a bit of squid ring and it refused , it pulled its tentacles in and let the food drop to the sand. but it has not been fully open like normal. though it is open and still as colourful.
but the guy i got it from said he fed them on small fish . so it might be that it only likes the small fish he used lol.
so ive ordered Lance fish and some mysis shrimp.

Yep, sometimes it can happen when we aren't looking, but moving things later is usually fine. They won't instantly kill a coral.
Smaller bits are better for feeding. They have to expend a lot of energy digesting large hunks of food. Mysis work great.

just the guy i got mine from has an entire tank full of RBTA's and he feeds them small whole fish. that he can get from a local store to him.

but from all the online stores none sell what he can get ( typical ) lol.
hence why i am trying lance fish , that i will cut into small bits . and also try mysis.

Back