RBTAs and Maxi Minis

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
Thinking of adding an RBTA and/or Maxi Mini anemone to my tank and wondering how much room they need between themselves and corals? Do they have sweeper tentacles like some corals to, and if so how long do the sweeper tentacles get?

Maxi minis don't take up too much space at all. Mine when it is fully expanded in about six to seven inches across and it took over a yr to get that big. Mine doesn't wander at all but it depends on the individual on how much wandering it will do. Rose bubble tips can grow very large rather quickly if you feed it often. I got rid of mine bc it started to wander and I just didn't want to worry about it parking on a powerhead or a coral. Both are great to keep and not too difficult if you keep up with your water changes and what not. Maxi minis don't have sweeper tenticles. Rbta just have longer tenticles that can get pretty long. I would start off with a maxi mini and then maybe a rose bubble tip after you have a little expirience with anemones. Hope that helps a little bit :)

Back