Reactor

andysgirl8800

Blenny Badlands
Dual BRS GFO and Carbon Reactor - English

I am considering adding this to my tank. It has a chamber for both carbon and phosban. Since I have never used one of these before, I'd like to get some opinions.

• What is the best media to put into here? I can see granuals, pellets, etc. Is one better than the other?
  • How frequently do you change them and how do you know when it's time to change them?
  • Are they easy to connect and clean?
  • Are they effective in lowering phosphates and clearing the water?
  • How long should I leave it running, 24/7?
Know they are stupid questions, but I want to be sure I use it right. I've been resisting treating my tank with chemicals to reduce or eliminate my algae, but I've exhaused all my other natural solutions. Thanks y'all for your help and suggestions!

I would yes!. Yoe are most likely still going to want to rinse the media before hand. You can do that in the sink, or put the pump in your sump and have the return line pump into a bucket until clear, and then put the return line in the sump.

Go watch the video's on BRS they are great, I wold do the pellets less dust. The videos though really are a good resource it will tell you exactly what you need how to set it up.

Well what happens is it (for lack of a better term) soaks up as much phosphate as it can hold. It then can no longer absorb any more, and it won't realse what it has. So in order for it to continue working, it should be replaced.

Does anyone have any pictures of a before and after reactor use in terms of agae reduction or elimination? Still trying to determine if this is the right way to go.

Back