Ready for a new fish.

stormystormy11

Reef Addicted!
I'm ready for a new fish but I'm not sure what to get. In my 75 I have a clown, 6-line wrasse, yellow tang, 1 chromis and an aptasia eating filefin (which does not eat aptasia but rather I think ate my shrimp.) Oh and a fat lawn mower blenny...he killed my yellow eye kole tang. Do I try another one? My lawn mower kept biting him and one morning he had like 8 bites! One was really deep and then died that same week. I really liked the Kole. The lmb has never bothered any other fish. Please help...would like another shrimp..a pep. for the aptasia but will the file fin eat that too?

I'd have to agree, you're asking for trouble with two tangs in a tank your size. Not to mention two as aggressive as those can be. As for the shrimp, if the filefish doesn't get him your six-line most likely would.

Just be aware that the dwarf angels are still angels and MAY take a liking to corals as a mid-day snack.50/50 shot there.

I like the angels but I do have a fully stocked tank of corals..if they would only eat just a little at a time...lol. Any trouble with a couple cardinals? I've lost them in the past but I think that was because my domino bullied them...he is gone now.
There has got to be one cool fish out there that I can have...

Oh..I forgot to add on current stock I have a purple goby...how could I forget her!
I'm on bluezooaquatics.com right now ( 5 hours) and still have not found the perfect fish.
What about another wrasse...do they really jump out of tanks? My tank is open top.

Yes, cleaner wrasses do not do well in captivity, they really only feed on fish parasites, and there are not enough of them in our enclosed systems to maintain a cleaner wrasse long term. This is a fish beset left in the ocean

Jawfish, like wrasses, are also known for jumping

Darn..went back and read on the wrasse. It did say expert only. Missed that and didn't even notice that it didn't say what they eat. Saw one on Utube last night and then found it on site...just noticed that it said "peaceful". I guess I should of picked up on the "cleaner" in it's name. Do they eat anything else?
Well, about the jumping jaw fish...I'll be working on that solution this weekend.

I just tried to call and cancel the cleaner wrasse but they are closed. I'll try first thing on Monday. Should I switch it out with a Coral Beauty Angelfish? I know they can nip at corals but will they eat the whole thing?

It's possible a coral beauty will nip at corals, but they are one of the dwarf angels that are relatively coral safe especially when well fed

There's a 50/50 chance of the coral beauty or flame angel not eating corals. In my opinion, they are worth the risk -- they are so pretty.

Thanks Bifferwine, u were right. The coral beauty is very pretty. My first one died during shipment but the second on is doing well and has not eaten or picked at any corals...that I have seen.

Back