Really Annoyed (long)

delucs414

Reefing newb
Hey

Ok so my story starts, im looking to upgrade my 40 gallon aquarium to a 90 gallon. this time i want to go new and i want it reef ready, in town we have only 1 LFS that sells saltwater fish, corals and equipment and a petsmart. we all no petsmart is good for nothing.

so i went to my local fish store to see if they had any reef ready tanks or if i could order one. they didnt have any out but asked about ordering one. a 90 gallon was almost $800:shock: for reef ready and it wasnt even rimless (this is just the tank, no stand, nothing) so i was thinking thats way to much for just a tank so i asked about a 75 gallon tank. that two was really expensive, it was $710 just for the tank. my local fish store has always been good to me, giving me awsome deals and free stuff all the time.:bowdown: but this was not happening.:frustrat:

after hearing that i was hesitant to ask about just a tank thats not reef ready but i asked. the 90 was $380, not to bad i guess. but i wanted reef ready and not to drill it on my own.

so went home and started looking on the net, found some sites but no one seems to wanna ship aquariums :grumble: not to mention i found a RR AGA tank for $369 so why is my LFS so high.

BTW i live in canada and nothing here( Reef wise) is cheap or easily found, well i have a hard time.

i live about 3.5 hrs from duluth minnesota, so i was thinking about maybe going down for the night with the gf and picking up a RR tank. anyone around that area that might be able to point me to a good store?

What would u guys do, drive 3.5 hrs for a tank RR roughly $300-500(gas included) , buy the tank from LFS not RR and drill it myself, or buy the RR from LFS which is $795?

sorry this thread is long, im just kinda ranting on cuz i really wanted to easily upgrade but problem after problem came up sigh lol.

that sucks every thing in canada is expensive. here in billings you can get a 210 for 800 something that is reef ready

I paid around $650 for my reef-ready (drilled) 90 gallon, and that included the stand. I think that's a fair price. $800, not including the stand, is just robbery. I hope you find a better place to buy it from!

that sucks every thing in canada is expensive. here in billings you can get a 210 for 800 something that is reef ready
reefwise i agreed but what i have been doing for expensive stuff is buying from drfostersmith and sending it to the post office on the U.S. side of the border(25 mins away) and pay the duty when crossing. i saved 200+ on my light fixture by doing that.

I paid around $650 for my reef-ready (drilled) 90 gallon, and that included the stand. I think that's a fair price.
i think thats a good price too. the reason why i want only the tank is cuz i like making my stands and make them to suit my specifications and what i need to put in them. i used to be a carpenter so i still like making stuff out of wood:D

I would drive. But that's just me.
Im like 90% sure thats what im gonna do. just take a couple days off go down with the g/f and relax , just gonna phone the petstore down there first to make sure they have it in stock:bounce:

I do not reply here much but, I grew up in Duluth, here are a few good choices

Underground Aquatics

Tropical Fish Store, Aquarium Supplies - Hermantown, MN - -Home Page

or if you want to head into Superior which is just over the bridge you can try

Cosmic Aquatics:, Your home for rare and exotic live corals and fish.

or the Aqua Hut- 715-394-3181

there are a few more but I have been to these 4 Underground Aquatics is the best then world of fish hope this helps

Hey

Ok so my story starts, im looking to upgrade my 40 gallon aquarium to a 90 gallon. this time i want to go new and i want it reef ready, in town we have only 1 LFS that sells saltwater fish, corals and equipment and a petsmart. we all no petsmart is good for nothing.

so i went to my local fish store to see if they had any reef ready tanks or if i could order one. they didnt have any out but asked about ordering one. a 90 gallon was almost $800:shock: for reef ready and it wasnt even rimless (this is just the tank, no stand, nothing) so i was thinking thats way to much for just a tank so i asked about a 75 gallon tank. that two was really expensive, it was $710 just for the tank. my local fish store has always been good to me, giving me awsome deals and free stuff all the time.:bowdown: but this was not happening.:frustrat:

after hearing that i was hesitant to ask about just a tank thats not reef ready but i asked. the 90 was $380, not to bad i guess. but i wanted reef ready and not to drill it on my own.

so went home and started looking on the net, found some sites but no one seems to wanna ship aquariums :grumble: not to mention i found a RR AGA tank for $369 so why is my LFS so high.

BTW i live in canada and nothing here( Reef wise) is cheap or easily found, well i have a hard time.

i live about 3.5 hrs from duluth minnesota, so i was thinking about maybe going down for the night with the gf and picking up a RR tank. anyone around that area that might be able to point me to a good store?

What would u guys do, drive 3.5 hrs for a tank RR roughly $300-500(gas included) , buy the tank from LFS not RR and drill it myself, or buy the RR from LFS which is $795?

sorry this thread is long, im just kinda ranting on cuz i really wanted to easily upgrade but problem after problem came up sigh lol.

I do not reply here much but, I grew up in Duluth, here are a few good choices

Underground Aquatics

Tropical Fish Store, Aquarium Supplies - Hermantown, MN - -Home Page

or if you want to head into Superior which is just over the bridge you can try

Cosmic Aquatics:, Your home for rare and exotic live corals and fish.

or the Aqua Hut- 715-394-3181

there are a few more but I have been to these 4 Underground Aquatics is the best then world of fish hope this helps

thank you very much i will deffinately look into them:bowdown::bounce::D

The Miracle tanks from the post Steelcity made makes nice tanks and stands.If you can drive to pick it up you will save a ton.

Yeah,that is outrageous for just a tank at your LFS,Canada or not.Petsmart here have nice RR tanks at competitive prices.I don't understand why it would be any different in Canada.

The Miracle tanks from the post Steelcity made makes nice tanks and stands.If you can drive to pick it up you will save a ton.
i did look at the link and i appreciate the help but its about a 15hr drive lol. next weekend i am going to minneapolis and hopefully i can get one there, if not im passing through duluth lol:bounce:
None of my local Petsmarts carry drilled tanks. I've only ever seen regular tanks for sale at Petco and Petsmart.
yea, i have never seen our petsmart carry any drilled tank. the biggest tank they every carry is 55 gallons, but i guess i could ask if they can order me one,never hurts to ask.:Cheers:

i did look at the link and i appreciate the help but its about a 15hr drive lol. next weekend i am going to minneapolis and hopefully i can get one there, if not im passing through duluth lol:bounce:

yea, i have never seen our petsmart carry any drilled tank. the biggest tank they every carry is 55 gallons, but i guess i could ask if they can order me one,never hurts to ask.:Cheers:
If petco is near by you could use the website aquarium builder and print it out and bring it to the store and they will order it and call you to pick it up when it comes in.

Back