REALLY Worried Now

KarenJax

Certified Master Stylist
Earlier I posted a joking thread about Beak the Freak. Well now I'm thinking somethings wrong with him. Here's video of how strange he's acting. Please ignore my gasps and snorting. I have a horrible:sniffles:
4ae80430.mp4

It looks like he is flashing (iching) against the rock. That is usually the first sign that they are about to breakout with something. Does it look like he has ich?

Also, parameters? What are they please?

I could be wrong about the flashing, but that is what it looks like to me.

Also you should remove that floating temperature/hydrometer thingie. They tend to break really easy and then spill all sorts of nasty stuff out into your tank, not to mention glass and the little metal beads in the bottom.

Haven't seen any sign of ich but he moves so darn fast and my vision isn't what it used to be. I was thinking something was going on with him when I saw him biting at his tail.
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
PH- 7.9
Salinity- 1.023

That pH is rather low for it being at the end of your light cycle. What is your alkalinity at?

Also salinity is a bit low as well, try to bring it up to 1.025. Just top off with saltwater until the salinity is at the correct level.

How many fish? What sized tank? how long has everyone been in there? What are you feeding? Is he eating normally? Any signs of bullying? etc

to me that looks like aggresion. Being of the scale free fishies he's very unlikely to catch ich, tank maybe a little overcrowded or just not enough caves for his solitudeal desires

10 gallon nano
2 false percula clowns
1 lawnmower blenny
1 pink serpent star
3 peppermints
Gobs of snails
I vary feedings between frozen mysis and our own cube mix of shrimp, mysis, krill and brine. I also put an algae sheet in every other evening I treat every other day a little brine shrimp. My test kit does not have alkalinity.Tank has been up now 2-2 1/2 months. The clowns for right at a month I think. Beaker since Christmas Eve. The CuC have been in there for 11/2 months

to me that looks like aggresion. Being of the scale free fishies he's very unlikely to catch ich, tank maybe a little overcrowded or just not enough caves for his solitudeal desires

He has a cave of his own. He runs the peps out of it if they get in!

It seems like your tank might be a little cramped with all of that in there. I would move the blenny to a larger tank. I think all his aggression issues stem from that actually. Also be sure you arent overfeeding, that can be very easy to do in such a small tank.

Why dont you try moving him into your 29 gal and see if that helps? He really should be in a bigger tank regardless.

I can when it gets done cycling. It's not near ready yet. Besides, remember that thread I posted right at Christmas about that orange starfish that Dana lugged home from the marina and now we're stuck with him? That's where he lives. And I swear I don't see how he's still around. The only thing in there is a powerhead, some LR rubble and sand. The new lights are coming and there's no heater!

If you have a starfish living in there, a fish can live in there! They are way more sensitive.

Just try moving him in there and see what happens. I think you will find he is a much happier fish.

I personally don't see anything wrong (but I could be wrong)..In the first part of the video, I think he see himself in the reflection of the glass, which makes him think there's another one. So that could be a little bit of it.

When he's scampering around, it looks like he's eating something in the water column...Is it possible that there is something floating around in the water that you can't see but he can...that's what it looks like to me..

But again, I could be wrong.

Back