Rearranged ????

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
Just A Quick One ......

After Looking At My Tank Yesterday And Being Extremely Bored......
I Rearranged All My Rock Work. Most Of You Know My Tank Has Been Up And Running For About 9 Months.i Dont Think I Will Have A Problem ,but Will My Action Disrupt Any Of My Bacteria That Has Been Growing In The Tank ????? I Think I'm Safe, The Tank Was Crystal Clear Again This Morning.
I Realized After Moving Most Of My Rock That There Really Wasn't Good Circulation At The Botom Of The Tank....i'm Actually Suprised That My Amonia Was At 0. So I Also Rearranged My Power Heads But Think I Need Another Small Powerhead Stickly At The Bottom Of The Tank.
I Did Go Buy A 6 Oz. Container Of Live Copepods. Hopefully They Will Start Doing There Thing And Reproduce. Still See A Couple After Moving Everything. Tiny Little Bastards.......
What's Everyone Think I Should Or Could Do ....... I Really Wish I Had A Different Tank !!!

Your ammonia should always be at zero even with bad flow at the bottom if it wasnt something is wrong lol. I wouldnt be worried about killing the bacteria there population doubles within 15 minutes anyway. Alot of people move there rocks after the tank is years old it wont disrupt anything besides fish and corals.

Cool, Thanks Guys , I Was Thinking The Same... Just Wanted Other Opinions.. Thanks Again... When I Was Talking About The Amonia, When I Moved My Rocks All Around There Was So Much Crap That Was Just Sitting At The Bottom, That I Thought Would Spike The Amonia, Old Food And What Not....

Re-arranging rocks can sometimes lead to a mini-cycle, but not always. If your levels are still at 0, then I'd say you dodged a bullet and are in the clear.

yeah, i think i really dodge that one, actually believe it or not my tank actually looks clearer then it did before, but it could just be my eyes.

Back