REcently having flow issues in sump.

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So I don't really know what changed but rescently I have ben having isues with keeping both sides of my sump with equal flow.

So this is pretty much how the piping is set up with a couple 90s on each side to go tords sump.

My problem is if I have the valve on the left where the refugium is on fully open then the refugium side gets massive flow and the sump side gets really low flow, I close it off a bit and then I can equal out the flow, but it seems that after some time bubles build up on the valve and the flow then reduces on the left side and start going way more on the right side. So I don't know if maybe drilling a hole on the left side before valve would help with some air line to clean any bubles. Or maybe you guys have some tought ons the issue. With the silenser for the overflow where it uses a cap and hosing to silence it work to reduce bubles and give me better flow ???

Try an air inlet valve for your sump. They use them for under sinks when the fart stack is to far away. They only open in and when pressured, they close. Around 20 bucks, but will help with the air sound running down the pipe.

For the overflow, i made a 1in stand pipe. I have it pictured in my tank page under 72bow.

I was thinking of maybe changing out the 2 90s in the back and adding 45's to reduce bubbles and make it flow smother

no those are the overflow lines...

With nothing more than gravity and atmospheric pressure controlling the descent of the water, it will really be a crapshoot trying to fine tune the downflow of water into the two tubes.

You would probably get better luck letting all the overflow go into one tub, and shunt a portion of the return line to the refugium.

stick with the ball valve they are great for throttling back water flow if you can cut in a tee before the valve it should help remove any air build up. air pockets will reduce flow and create back pressure

Back