Recommended online vendors?

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by drgrok, Jan 7, 2012.

1. drgrok

drgrok

any particular online vendors that people recommend? new to saltwater tank. my local shop is an hour away. would like to get some of the items online. not fish/corals, just supplies

drgrok, Jan 7, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. drgrok

MikeG Ex-Member

I have ordered supplies from the following with great results - MarineDepot, Live Aquaria, Bulk Reef Supply and That Fish Place. Dry rock I got from Marco Rocks and it was excellent, great price too. Pods and snails from Reefs2go. I've even ordered fish from Live Aquaria, it was a Juvi Majestic Angel that I was unable to get locally. I've had good experiences from all these vendors. :Cheers:

MikeG, Jan 7, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. drgrok

x19 VIP Member

I'm in a weird point where basically any direction I go from my house I can get to a reef store in a hour, but nothing closer... as a result I buy nearly everything online. I've bought from MarineDepot.com, ReefGeek.com, AquariumSpecialty.com, FosterSmithAquatics.com, and LiveAquaria.com but hands down my preferred vendor is PremiumAquatics.com. They ship same day, will match anyone's prices, and have fantastic customer service. Their website is a bit of a challenge to navigate but they are supposedly working on that.

I used to Foster and Smith more often but they don't seem to carry a lot of the higher end brands, its just the lower end stuff for reefs.

x19, Jan 7, 2012
  4. drgrok

sen5241b

sen5241b, Jan 7, 2012
  5. drgrok

justanotherfishhead Lisa

I've used Foster and Smith and they're pretty good. Except the time I ordered a refractometer, and it was defective, but they sent a new one right away, unfortunately that one was also bad, then they sent a third one which also had the same flaw on the glass. They must've had a bad batch. So I gave up and ordered mine from ebay. But their customer service is really good, you get through right away and they are helpful. And they have free shipping over $50, and you can always add a bag of salt to your order to get to $50, unfortunately in this hobby it's so easy to spend $50 at once anyway.

justanotherfishhead, Jan 8, 2012
  6. drgrok

fastrd400 It wasn't me! Moderator

Bulk Reef Supply. Keep watching the forums, we do a group buy about every other month here.

fastrd400, Jan 9, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question