Red Algae...It's Driving Me Crazy Continued

Bifferwine: How do these filters work? Do I hook it up to a tap or what? The person I was talking to at my LFS had no idea what I was even talking about and told me to go to a water store and buy the water in jugs.

Jenna

They are usually installed under the kitchen sink, although you can buy an adapter to attach them to the end of the faucet. The ones that go under the sink are easy to install -- you basically install a valve off of the cold water line to bring water to the unit, and then you have a waste line installed in the drain line of the sink. Even me, who is totally mechanically and household inept, can install an RODI unit in about 15 minutes. They aren't hard!

Ok thanks. I will look them up in the filtration section here to.

I just called my LFS and they sell the aquarium ones for $299.99 + tax for a 24 gallon a day filter and $349.99 + tax for a 50 gallon a day filter.

Screw that lol!

Jenna

P U R E W A T E R C L U B

$100 to your door. Some people love purewaterclub here, some people not so much. I have one and have been more then happy with it. I have an attachment to hook it up to my sink because I rent, I didn't want to mess with poking holes in the plumbing.

I got mine from Pure Water Club too -- mine is 100 gallons per day, and it was $100 including shipping. Some people have bad experiences with them in the last month or two, which is why I'm reluctant to recommend them anymore. But for several years until now, they were reliable.

Thanks for all of this info!

Because I am in Canada I am sometimes reluctant to get things shipped from the states because something that costs $100 might have $100 worth of duty attached to them!

I will let you guys know what I decide upon and hopefully my algae woes will be put to an end lol!!

Jenna

Check Ebay to get an idea of what is available. there are tons of them on there. Someone should have them in canada. I have mine hooked up in the basement filling a 35 gallon trash can I am on a well so I have low water pressure and only get 20 gallons in 12 hours.

Back