red bubble algae

alittlesalty

Reefing newb
Hello my salty friends,
I have a red bubble algae problem. Any advise on how to get rid of the stuff? :frustrat: My tank readings are good, nitrate 0, nitrite 0, alk 100, ph 7.2 cal 350, ammon 0, phos 0. My tank is 12 gallon nano with live rock, live sand, 1 clown, 1 chromis, 4 snails, 1 fire cleaner shrimp. Tank is not newly set up. Thanks to all.:bowdown:

uhhh.... those aren't good readings at all. are you checking properly? your ph should be about 8.3-8.4 (so it's about 1/100th of what it should be....) by alk at 100 do you mean 10dkh?

sorry, I just checked my records for last recorded, come to find out, they are old results that were posted to this thread.

I had a water testing done at my LFS 2 days ago. I was informed the reading were in check. Did not record exact reading at that testing. I did a water change this week, apx 1-2 gallons.

i bet it is 100 ppm. which is low i think i am not shure of the conversions to dkh but that could explane why the ph is so low

man i don't even know what the proper ppm is for alkalinity... only dkh and meq/l or whatever.

Getting rid of Red Bubble Algae |

decent article. i would like to point out that at times people who have algae problems get readings that say they have no nitrates or phosphates... that's because the algae consumed it... just reminding on that simple thing.

how long have you had this algae.... and does it seem to be spreading.
what do you have in the tank in the way of bio-load... and what sort of filtration do you have?

Back