I have had one patch of hair algae for a while now. It doesn't spread very fast but I believe it is beginning to grow some more. Just a day or two ago though, I found red bubble algae on my powerheads along with a few green bubble on my rocks. I know I need to take the bubbles out. Should I just remove the powerheads and scrub them?\n Should I leave the hair algae to remove some nutrients or should I pull it out?\n I'm not even sure why I'm getting algae. Phosphate and Nitrates have always been zero and I run Phosban in a reactor just incase.