red dots

wolfwood423

Reefing newb
hey i'm new to reef keeping, Every thing has been going fine in my tank all the fish but one survived since January. I just notice little red things in my tank that are moving around on my tank glass. They are similar to copepods in size though might be a little smaller. What are they? Are they good or bad? If bad what should I do? Thanks in advance:D:sfish:

Judging from the red color.I'm guessing flatworms which are bad.
If thats what they are.Then siphon out as many as possible with every water change.
There are several over the counter additives that you can buy to kill them,but when they die they release toxins that can crash your tank.There are a few of the smaller wrasses will eat them.

do flat worms look like worms because these things were just tiny moving specks. Also you guys are good. On fish.com it took a day or so to get an awnser.

Could it posibally be red bugs? I'm not sure but I think they're a SPS preator only, but worth looking into.

You about have to have a magnifing glass to see red bugs.Plus if you dont have any SPS then you wouldnt have any.
But the flat worms will look like specks.They dont look anything like a worm.
Give us a little more Info.How long has the been running?How much rock.Type of filtration.The usuall.That will help us to help you.

Its been running since january. Its a 45 gallon with probably a ten or twenty gallon sump. The sump has a drip tray and around twelve pounds of live rock in it. Their is also some pads to house bacteria. I have some kind of skimmer not sure what kind and probably 30 pounds of live rock in the top area with all the fish.

Have they been multiplying? Also on LR? If so I bet they are flatworms. I have some but I've been suctioning them out. Now I only see a few.

its crazy i scraped them off with an algea thing, Then they got sucked into the filter and i cleaned out the collection tray and bye bye red things. Some things hav an easy solution

Back