Red Flatworms

Discussion in 'New to Reefing' started by Assarw, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Assarw

Assarw

First post on here. I have a 90 gallon and I have red flatworms, from what I can see there aren't too many. I know when you see one there are lots more hiding. My tank has been set up for about 1 year or so. Besides siphoning them out when I see them what else can I do? I don't want to use Flatworm Exit or whatever it's called.

Also, is there a fish that will eat them? I only have 2 clowns and some soft corals.

Assarw, Mar 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Assarw

BL1 ............. Moderator

Some wrasses will eat them but, if you've got them to the point where you're seeing them in the tank then it's already too many for a fish to take care of. Flatworm exit is perfectly safe if you use it correctly. Many people on this site have used it successfully.

BL1, Mar 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Assarw

Assarw

well that sucks. I guess I will get the flatworm exit. thanks

Assarw, Mar 13, 2011
  4. Assarw

Bifferwine I am a girl

Follow the directions on the back of the package, have carbon and new saltwater ready, and siphon as many out as you can before you treat. You will be fine!

Bifferwine, Mar 13, 2011
  5. Assarw

Smitty

Welcome to the site...I just got rid of flatworms a few months ago myself, and I used flatworm exit...it worked in a day...no more worms.

Smitty, Mar 13, 2011
  6. Assarw

Hiker4twenty

Did it have any ill effects on your inverts or pods? My brother has a huge flatworm problem, but has been reluctant to treat with FWE in fear it will kill all his pods and inverts. He has a super healthy and fat mandarin dragonet that does not eat frozen food. It's been loving to eat the flatworms in place of pods. It's crazy to see it suck them right up.

Hiker4twenty, Mar 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question