I have a 45 gallon FOWLR. It's a little less than a year old. I got a new piece of live rock and after a few months it was covered with red hair algae. Afraid it wold take over the tank, I let the rock sit outside in the sun for half a day and scrubbed it off with a stiff brush.\r\n\r\nI didn't want to lose beneficial organisms, but didn't think I had a choice.\r\n\r\nWhat is the proper method for removal?\r\n\r\nWhat can I do to prevent it/what is causing it?\r\n\r\nI also have some coraline (?) algae on some of the rocks and recently on the glass. Is this bad? Lately I'm getting some on the glass that is very hard to remove. What's the best way to remove it?\r\n\r\nThanks for any input.