Red Sea Max 130d?

Well regardless you won't need all those supplements or test kits so they could come off that list (you'd only need a basic SW test kit, which you should already have).

You mean P.H., nitrate, nitrite, and ammonia? This is going to be a reef and I do hope to keep sps eventually. Don't I also need to test magnesium, KH, and calcium, and dose calcium and magnesium?

Alright without the test kits and without the salt it's $1187.84. :mrgreen:

I think I've made up my mind...

Oh and I have to get a new return pump so it's $1343.84...

Last edited:
You don't have to test for those things unless you're actually keeping SPS, clams. And unless your keeping lots of them you won't need to dose. My tanks been setup for a year now and it's got 13 types of SPS and just as many LPS in there and I've never had to dose yet.

What return pump do you recommend? I was looking at this (900 GPH).

It would be cheaper to get 1500 GPH submersible pump at lowes.

What about some DIY lighting? Like metal halide pendants and ballasts?

This tank is going to be in my room. How bright do moonlight leds tend to be?

Never mind the pendant idea.

I've heard some pretty bad things about the odyssea lights. I can get the current novas for $250 used.

Edit: I actually just looked and the ad isn't there any more. But I'll probably have the chance again...

What return pump do you recommend? I was looking at this (900 GPH).

It would be cheaper to get 1500 GPH submersible pump at lowes.
No submersible pumps from Lowes. They have oil in them and can leak into the tank when the seals go bad. Aquarium pumps are epoxy filled and contain no oils, and have ceramic shafts, not steel.

My grandfather (my source of income) agreed to give me $1000 now and then I don't get ay money for 6 months. My birthday is in the beginning of July so I'll also be getting a few hundred dollars then. So, I should have the tank ready to cycle in August!!! :bounce::mrgreen::bounce::mrgreen::bounce: :mrgreen:

Back